- ParScore, ParTest, and ParTest Online are UAC compliant.
- You must have Administrative Rights to install or uninstall ParScore, ParTest, or ParTest Online.
- You can only run one instance of ParScore or ParTest at one time. Fast User Switching is not supported in ParScore or ParTest.
- ParScore and ParTest are both supported in virtualized environments.
- You can migrate ParScore courses from ParScore v 126.96.36.199 and higher.
- Scantron provides migration services for converting existing custom printed forms from prior ParScore versions.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users must allow pop-ups and click Allow blocked content when opening help.
You must have installed the latest Scantron Scanner Utilities for the scanner configured for ParScore. ParScore 7.3 supports USB 2.0 scanner connections and the following Scantron scanners:
- iNSIGHT 20, 20 Plus & 30
- iNSIGHT 4 & 4ES
- OpScan 4, 4ES, 6, & 8
- Scanmark ES 2010, 2260, & 2800*
*RS232 connection (Keyspan USB serial adapter recommended, if needed)
Please Note: Depending upon the customer environment, concurrent network scanning may cause a performance degradation during peak processing times.
Please visit the Scantron Store for compatible ParSystem forms. Contact your Scantron sales representative for custom form options.
Performance and Data Size
ParScore uses Microsoft® Access™ as the database to store data, therefore the maximum data size used in ParScore cannot be more than 2 GB. Keep in mind the following parameters when addressing performance:
- ParScore performance may be affected as the database size increases.
- You do not need to restrict the number of courses, as long as the total size of all the courses does not push the Microsoft Access database beyond its 2 GB limit.
- Course objects, such as the number of students and score columns, may affect performance. ParScore 7.3 performs acceptably with a course with 1,000 students and 20-25 score columns.
- ParScore 7.3 supports up to 18,000 students (performance may be affected at that level).
- Item banks from ParTest v188.8.131.52 can be migrated to ParTest v7 and higher.
- ParTest Online is limited to 100 concurrent users, including administrators.
- ParTest Online, including browser access, is supported in virtualized server environments.
ParTest Online Installation Notes
- Scantron recommends using a dedicated server for ParTest Online. If this is not possible, please notify Scantron about any preinstalled software to ensure a smooth installation process.
- Before installing ParTest Online, ensure Internet Information Services (IIS) is set up and configured. (Note: In Advanced settings of the IIS app pool, ensure Enable 32-bit applications is set to True.)
- Before installing ParTest Online, create any supporting websites.