In December of 2015, the President signed the Every Student Succeeds Act into law. This act reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, and reverses or adjusts some of the controversial provisions from the 2002 No Child Left Behind Act, granting greater flexibility to states, districts. and schools. In particular, ESSA focuses on "the clear goal of fully preparing all students for success in college and careers."
With more than 40 years of experience in education, Scantron is committed to supporting your transition to ESSA through our assessment solutions and services:
- We support college- and career-ready standards with:
- An assessment platform that directly aligns items with your chosen education standards.
- Expert consulting, development, and research services to support your assessment development team.
- Rigorous items for core college-ready subjects and career technical education.
- Reporting that demonstrates student progress towards attaining your chosen educational standards..
- We help you prepare for state summative assessments by providing benchmark and interim assessment results you can use to reduce testing time, connect to instructional resources, customize student learning paths, and measure student progress.
- We can help you develop local innovative assessment pilots to expand your assessment footprint beyond core subjects and traditional testing methods.
- We support your state accountability efforts with non-traditional measures and analytics solutions that unify all your student data without the need for a data warehouse so you can view and track multiple measures and identify at-risk students more easily.
- Our assessment solutions, psychometric expert consulting, and survey solutions support your connections between early childhood programs and early elementary education.
Want to learn more? Watch one or more of our targeted webinars to learn how Scantron helps every student succeed.
Adding non-traditional measures to your multimetric accountability model?
ESSA requires states to look beyond traditional measures, such as test scores in a limited number of core subjects, to provide a more holistic definition of school quality. You've trusted Scantron for decades to provide the most effective and efficient digital and paper assessments to measure student academic growth and achievement. Now we've teamed up with My Student Survey to offer student surveys of teacher practice, school climate surveys, or both to provide a more comprehensive approach to measuring teacher and school effectiveness. My Student Survey has been a national leader on stakeholder surveys since 2010 and has worked with districts across the country such as Metro Nashville Public Schools, DC Public Schools, New York City Schools, and many others.
Student surveys of teacher practice and school climate surveys help you:
- Offer teachers meaningful and actionable feedback so they can grow professionally
- Improve the teacher evaluation process to provide accurate predictors of student growth
- Engage students in the educational experience
Why not request a demo today to discover how our combined teams of former educators can help you fill this crucial need?
Before we began using Scantron Analytics, analyzing school-wide student data was a process that took weeks. Now, with Scantron Analytics, we are able to complete the analysis in minutes.
Andy Caves, Principal, William L. Radney Elementary
"[This] is an excellent tool for our school! It helps us make data-driven decisions, which benefit all learners, regardless of performance level."
Amanda Davis, Curriculum Coach, Fort Payne Middle School
"By using Performance Series, we've gained back eight full days of instructional time—and we have the student score reports and instructional resources immediately…"
, Superintendent of Secondary Education
"With Scantron Analytics, we can look at our data from multiple perspectives as if through a camera lens. We can zoom in to analyze a particular student, or zoom out for a broader view of the class, school or district."
Chris Lindberg, Data, Research & Testing Manager, Bellevue School District, WA
"It helps teachers dramatically focus their efforts…the instruction the next day can be based on [reports from yesterday’s test]…"
Jason Anderson, Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Innovation, Frederick County Public Schools, MD
"We have used the Performance Series assessment for ten years at Valley Oak and we find it a very useful tool for identifying specific standards that have not yet been mastered."
Laura Fulmer, Director, Valley Oak Charter
“Performance Series questions went beyond grade-level standards. This…opened the curiosity door and allowed [students] to search the depths of their knowledge.”
Meighan Lewis, Teacher, Munford High School
"Scantron has provided the tools needed to validate student learning and support teacher decisions to move students to the next Performance Level when they are ready."
Dr. Oliver Grenham, Chief Education Officer, Adams County School District 50
"Scantron delivered not only a superior product but also a superior system of delivery, support, flexibility, and technical assistance."
Sherrill Parris, Deputy State Superintendent Alabama State Department of Education
"Performance Series and Achievement Series' analysis tools and reports enable teachers to use their assessment results to effectively drive instruction."
Steve Robinson, Vice –Principal Liberty High School (Literacy First Charter School)